Join us Saturday, June 27 from 12:00 to 4:00 pm for our FREE Heritage Day event as we celebrate the 200th birthday of the Beall-Dawson House!
Some of the day’s highlights will include:
- Dr. Stonestreet discussing medicinal uses for the herbs in our garden and conducting hands on demonstrations of pill making and lavender water.
- Unveiling of our NEW popup exhibit Tap Into History: a Century of Typewriters
- Make your own potted plant, jewelry making, and dress up
- Barbara Glickman, author of Capital Splendor- Gardens and Parks of Washington, DC ,will be signing copies of her book from 12:00 till 2:00 pm
- Genealogy Club’s annual Book Sale in the Jane C. Sween Library.
- 50% off ALL items in the Gift Shop!
- Tours of the Beall-Dawson House with living history characters
The fun will continue with FREE admission to the Museums on Sunday, June 28.
For more information, please call 301-340-2825