Visit The Library
We are open to all researchers by appointment. To request an appointment please do so through our online registration system and review the rules for the reading room below.
The library is located on the same campus as the Beall-Dawson House, Stonestreet Museum, and Montgomery History administrative offices, off W. Montgomery Avenue in downtown Rockville. Parking is available for free in our lots off W. Middle Lane, as well as on the street (2-hour limit).
42 W. Middle Lane
Rockville, Maryland 20850
Between N. Adams St. and N. Van Buren St. in Rockville, MD.
By appointment. Contact us today!
Fees and Services
The Library charges a daily research fee to cover expenses. We also charge fees for duplication of materials as outlined below.
Daily Research Fee:
- Montgomery History members free
- Appointment fee for non-members $15
- Appointment fee for students $5
- $0.50/page for photocopies of materials
- $10.00/image for re-scanned digital photographs (higher than 300 dpi)
Rules for the Reading Room:
- Appointments are limited to 2 hours per day, per researcher.
- No food or drink allowed. Water may be carried inside a closed container, but must be consumed away from the tables.
- Large purses or backpacks must be left in the cabinet near the entrance.
- Please use pencil only for note-taking– no ink pens will be allowed on the tables.
- Laptops and phones/cameras are allowed.
- Staff will retrieve and return all materials